- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Maya Kaimal Spicy Ketchup
- 3 hamburger buns
- 3 thin red onion slices
- 3 lettuce leaves
- Combine the lamb, cumin, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix until spices are blended in.
- Form the lamb into 3 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add the patties and fry until the first side is browned, about 3 minutes. Flip each burger and fry the second side is browned, about 3 minutes more. Transfer to paper towels.
- Arrange each patty on a bun, top with Maya Kaimal Spicy Ketchup and garnish with red onion and lettuce.
- Variation: Mini Lamb Burgers (makes 15 hors d’oeuvres) Form the lamb mixture into 15 patties, about 2-inches around and ½-inch thick. Cook about 2 minutes each side. Put each mini lamb burger in a mini pita pocket and top with Maya Kaimal Spicy Ketchup and garnish with red onion and lettuce.