Vindaloo, a classic hot and sour curry from Goa, adds amazing flavor to this shrimp dish. Enjoy over basmati rice or serve with Naan bread.
- 1 container Maya Kaimal Vindaloo
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large dice
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced fresh scallions
- 2 lb large wild shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Serrano or jalapeño chili pepper, split lengthwise up to stem (optional)
- In a medium-sized covered skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the red bell pepper and scallions and sauté for 3 minutes. Then add shrimp and chili (if using) and sauté until shrimp just start to turn pink.
- Add Maya Kaimal Vindaloo sauce, cover and simmer over low heat until the shrimp is cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the chili and serve with basmati rice or Indian naan or other flatbread garnished with more scallions, if you like.