Chettinad Chicken (Madras Chicken Curry with Shallots and Cashews)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 ½ lbs boneless chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 container Maya Kaimal Madras Curry
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup roasted, unsalted, whole cashews
- 6 to 8 curry leaves (optional)
- In a medium-sized covered skillet or Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the cubed chicken and brown lightly.
- Add the Madras Curry sauce. Simmer over low heat until chicken is cooked through, 10 to15 minutes.
- While the chicken is simmering, heat remaining vegetable oil in a sauté pan. Add the shallots and cook slowly, stirring often, until they become crispy and brown. Transfer the shallots to a dish.
- Return the pan to the heat and fry the curry leaves in oil remaining in pan. (If needed, add a tablespoon of oil if there is none).
- When ready to serve, garnish the chicken and sauce with the shallots, cashews, and curry leaves (if using).
- Serve with basmati rice or Indian naan or other flatbread.
* If using our 30 oz Costco container, use about half.