Chettinad Lamb (Madras Lamb Curry with Potatoes)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ lbs boneless shoulder or leg of lamb, cut into 1 ½ to 2-inch cubes
- 1 container Maya Kaimal Madras Curry
- 2 medium yellow potatoes (about ½ lb), cut into ½-inch cubes
- In a medium-sized covered skillet or Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the cubed lamb and brown lightly on all sides.
- Add the Madras Curry sauce and potatoes. Partially cover and gently simmer over low heat until lamb is fork tender, 1 to 1½ hours. In the last half hour of cooking, check sauce consistency. If thin, remove lid to allow sauce to reduce and thicken.
- Serve with basmati rice or Indian naan or other flatbread.