- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green, sliced into 1/2-inch half-moons, about 2 cups
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin, about 1 cup
- ½ lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ lb scallops
- 1 container Maya Kaimal Tikka Masala (for club size use about 2 cups)
- 1 cup seafood broth or one 8 oz bottle clam juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a medium-sized soup pot or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and celery and sauté until slightly softened, about 4 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and add the shrimp and scallops. Saute, stirring constantly, until shrimp just start to turn pink. Add the Tikka Masala sauce and broth or clam juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until scallops are heated through, and shrimp are cooked, about 5 minutes more.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro.