Lamb Shanks Madras
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 lamb shanks, trimmed (about ½ lb each)
- 1 container Maya Kaimal Madras Curry
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Heat the oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add the lamb shanks and sear until browned all over about 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer the shanks to a plate. Pour off any fat and wipe out pot with a towel. Return the shanks to the pot.
- Add the jar of Madras sauce and then fill the empty jar with water. Swish it around to rinse and pour over the lamb shanks. Increase the heat and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and place in the oven. Cook for 2 ½ hours, turning the shanks over once. The meat should be very tender and falling off the bone and the sauce will be thickened and reduced.
- Remove the shanks to a plate. Skim off any excess fat from the sauce. Stir in the cilantro. Serve the lamb shanks with the sauce and garnish with more cilantro if you like.