Madras Mushrooms and Chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb mushrooms, crimini or button, halved
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup Maya Kaimal Madras Curry
- ¼ cup cilantro
- In a medium-sized covered skillet or Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and stir until lightly browned.
- Add the chickpeas and the Madras Curry sauce. Cover and simmer over lower heat until mushrooms and chickpeas are tender, about 10 minutes. Add a little water if sauce becomes too thick. Stir in or garnish with cilantro if using.
- Serve with basmati rice or Indian naan or other flatbread.