Madras Chicken Biriyani
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes (white and dark meat suggested)
- 1 container Maya Kaimal Madras Curry
- 1 cup converted rice (such as Uncle Ben’s)
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds or cashews
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Optional Garnishes
- 1/8 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- Fried Onions*
- In a medium-sized covered skillet or Dutch oven, combine chicken, Madras, rice, water, salt, almonds, and raisins. Bring to a boil, stirring often over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook undisturbed for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes. Sprinkle on the Garam Masala, if using, and gently fluff with a fork.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with sliced eggs and fried onions, if you like.
- *Fried Onions - Thinly slice one medium onion. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often until softened. Increase heat and stir constantly until onions are dark brown.